Today, Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced companies selected to AIm High – AI Bootcamp for Female Founders, an acceleration program offering hands-on AI support on top of business, technical and mentorship program powered by the AWS Startup Loft Accelerator.
The vision for the program is to level the playing field for female entrepreneurs in the most exciting technology of the 21st century. A unique perspective that women bring to AI is crucial to shaping its future. By supporting female founders, we can address this gap and promote greater gender equality in the field of AI.
According to Kellen O’Connor, General Manager of AWS Startups in EMEA, “There’s no question that AI will be the defining technology of our times, similar to the disruption from the internet and mobile these last two decades. Yet, only 22% of AI professionals are women and only 1.9% of all VC funds went to women-founded companies in 2022. Our goal is to bring more diversity and equity to the field of AI by helping women-led startups from across EMEA to scale and benefit from the best that AWS has to offer our customers and partners.”
The startups that joined the cohort build solutions in a variety of industries including Healthcare, FemTech, LegalTech, Sustainability, Business Applications and E-commerce. Startups have many plans for the program and they are ready to work hard and network with like-minded women founders. Kinga Matula, PhD, the co-founder and CEO of QurieGen, said: “I joined the AIm High AI Bootcamp for Female Founders with great enthusiasm because it is an exceptional opportunity to access a wide range of resources, networks, funding, and skill development sessions that can help me to build and grow successful AI-based startups. I believe I can gain what is needed to thrive in a competitive industry with specialized knowledge transfer and technical training. Furthermore, access to support from AWS experts, VC funds, and Amazon’s cloud infrastructure and partner network can provide the necessary exposure to media and investors, giving female founders a chance to succeed in a traditionally male-dominated field.”
We’re excited to share with you the full list of the AIm High startups below:
- Sensorita(Waste management) – We help waste companies cut time, emissions and costs with our smart sensor system.
- Cubode(No-code) – Cubode is the only no code platform designed to teach people how to code extremely fast.
- Closure(Customer care) – We deliver digital-first, data-driven customer care solutions for key moments in life. Currently. we deliver a solution for improving the bereavement / death notification process at corporate organizations, and are expanding into financial aid related customer care.
- Mentessa(HR) – A skill-based collaboration platform to connect organizations for the future of work.
- Beetested(Gaming)–AI-based videogame testing of fun factor.
- Cellgrid(Geospacial software) – We enable efficient location analysis for real estate developers and urban planners by providing ready-to-use insights about any place on Earth.
- INHUBBER Contract Management(Encrypted contracts) – Contract management and digital signature provider with AI analysis and blockchain based encryption.
- TRACIK(Healthcare) – We develop a clinical decision support system called TRACK which is an AI-based web application developed for the differential diagnosis of thyroid nodules to enable early diagnosis.
- Niya(HR) – Niya is an AI-powered diversity and inclusion marketplace enabling global businesses to connect with, hire, mentor and train underrepresented people at scale.
- Question Base(SaaS Knowledge management) – Turn Slack into a knowledge base with generative AI.
- DAFO Digital Manufacturing(Digital Manufacturing) – Computer Vision Software for manufacturing processes optimisation.
- Stretchme(Wellness) – Create interactive training app giving real time feedback on the user’s posture using computer vision technology.
- SATECH (Healthcare) – We provide an AI-based solution embedded on a wearable device that guides visually impaired people through voice commands, ensuring maximum comfort and safety while navigating.
- Muze Art (Generative AI) – Purpose-built video creation tools for modern music marketing & fan engagement.
- Megi(Healthcare) – We help more than 1.3 billion people reduce their cardio risk, and prolong their heart health and life.
- Surge(Supply Chain) – A blockchain-based data platform for supply chain collaboration.
- Gocleer(Mobility and Sustainability) – Gocleer is an AI-powered mobility data solution that combines mobile phone motion sensors with a gamified behavioral change program and sustainable rewards, to help companies, cities and insurers in accelerating the adoption of low-carbon, safe, and active urban mobility. It also radically improves the capability to gather comprehensive mobility analytics like: commuting patterns, carbon footprint, and mobility risk profiles.
- Tryp.com(TravelTech) – Creates AI powered travel packages.
- Amaka Studio(MediaTech) – A Creator Platform Connecting a Global Community and Sharing Pan-African stories.
- eWAKA Mobility(Mobility and Sustainability) – We provide access to multi-modal electric micro-mobility fleets for commuting and commercial purposes.
- Ada Growth(Corporate Edtech) – Ada is the digital mentor in every woman’s pocket.
- Checkturio(Logistics) – Checkturio provides an unique SaaS for digitizing the process for determining, assessing and accounting for damage in connection with the use of vehicles empowered by AI.
- RealSight(Proptech) – AI driven decision-making for optimizing real estate operations management.
- Hint Technology(Entertainment) – Do you ever get stuck scrolling on platforms like Netflix? We have built an app that considers your taste, situation and mood and will give you recommendations across platforms and inspire you to press play.
- Precision Sports Technology(SportsTech) – Software providing real-time feedback and analysis on exercise technique to reduce risk of injury, enhance performance and increase participation in strength and conditioning.
- Lakmoos(Data analysis) – We automate innovation using AI and advanced data analysis.
- Jebra.io(SaaS automation management) –Jebra is an automation platform that is revolutionizing the way businesses automate their workflows by eliminating the requirement of data warehouses and in-house technical talent.
- Journeyz(SaaS) – Journeyz provides a Personalized B2B Customer Management solution which helps go to market teams (Account Managers, Customer Success) who want to improve customer retention rates and grow expansion opportunities by analyzing product adoption data in correlation with business objectives, in scale.
- ConsciESG(Fintech) – ConsciESG helps institutional investors deploy capital for impact with confidence, through our proprietary SaaS that delivers all the ESG impact tools they need.
- Whyze Health(Healthcare) – Digitally unlocks the siloed healthcare providers, creating wider access to research for patients and physicians. The LinkedIn for research.
- Senstile(FashionTech) – Digitizing textiles to enable AI-optimization and circular economy in the textile and fashion industries.
- Syndiag(Healthcare) – Syndiag uses artificial intelligence and ultrasound imaging to early diagnose cancer, providing accurate and objective evaluation in shorter time and lower costs.
- Impact AI(SaaS) – Impact AI – is an AI-driven, full 360° Impact Assessment software for enterprises to maximise their AI products’ value and stay compliant.
- DEAN Intelligence(LegalTech) – The first advanced legal research platform that harnesses AI & NLP to make more efficient and effective legal research in right-to-left languages.
- OnTime(Mobility and Sustainability) – Community based delivery for rural areas.
- ALPA Kids(Edtech) – ALPA Kids develops easily localizable e-learning games for children aged 3-8, their parents and teachers to help children learn the essentials like colours, numbers, the alphabet etc through examples of their own culture and local nature.
- E-TERRY(Agritech) – E-TERRY builds an autonomous agricultural robot, designed to advance sustainable agriculture on a large scale through automation and AI.
- Teamfluencer(Influencer Marketing) – Teamfluencer is a nano influencer marketing platform offering cloud and AI-based solutions and made collaborations with the strongest brands in the world.
- QurieGen(Biotech) – QurieGen sets up a new paradigm for drug development powered by a combination of AI and proprietary technology that deciphers biology to de-risk and accelerate expensive drug development for more drug approvals.
- Alajo App(Fintech) – Alajo is the digital piggybank for the under(un)banked and non-smart phone users in Africa; we are building an escrowed banking system between Agents and Users using USSD and SMS, to help people save money every day, and ensure there’s no funds misappropriation.
- Trenches AI(SaaS) – The company provides an AI-powered SaaS for Businesses, Individuals, and Entities to interact with custom data and generate insights for common business use cases like customer support, marketing, sales, anomaly detection, recommendation systems, predictive modeling, and lots more.
- Watchers App(Media and Entertainment) – We help different platforms easily turn themselves into social ones, through providing them with customized and easily integrated rich community chats, supported with AI-moderation and engagement widgets.
- MetaVision(Computer vision) – MetaVision is a live screen translation app for instant text translation directly on mobile screens, including images and videos.
- CREDITAIS(Fintech) – CreditAis automates lending processes and leverages machine learning to develop alternative credit scoring suited to lenders targeting small businesses in the informal sector or people with adequate financial history.
- Beams(Productivity) – Beams helps you navigate your workday with more focus and less stress. Website: usebeams.com
What’s next for the AIm High bootcamp?
We believe that helping democratize AI will make the technology more secure, more potent and more accurate, on top of helping women and minorities break into the most exciting technology of our times. According to Lisa Brouwer, investor at Curiosity VC and the expert of AIm High, “Empowering and supporting women-led startups in the AI space is crucial for creating a more diverse and innovative startup ecosystem. Programs like AIm High provide valuable resources, network, and mentorship to help these startups succeed and drive AI/ML adoption, ultimately advancing the technology and shaping the future.”
In the next 12 weeks, program participants will focus on developing their AI use cases, meeting experts, getting introduced to investors and business and technology leaders to accelerate the development of their products.
Rosilari Bellacosa, co-founder and CTO of Syndiag, expects to do just that: “We at SynDiag are very excited to be part of the AIm High Bootcamp. The tech and business sessions with AI experts will help us improve product design and delivery, and best respond to customer needs. I also look forward to building a network of professionals in the AI field with different backgrounds and interests. The bootcamp is an opportunity for SynDiag to develop key competence and consolidate our activity in the health tech industry.”
This article was written by Monika Rozalska-Lilo, Senior Startup & VC Business Development Manager, EMEA of AWS.
AIm High is an online and equity-free program bringing the best of Amazon's Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence alongside the cloud infrastructure and partners network to support early-stage AI startups with at least one female founder that develop their AI-based projects across Europe, Middle East and Africa.What is AIm high female founders? ›
The AIm High AI Bootcamp for Female Founders is powered by AWS Startup Loft Accelerator and supported by Vestbee, the leading platform for early-stage startups and VC ecosystem. AIm High is an online, equity-free programme, designed to support early-stage AI startups founded by women across EMEA.Is Thinkful Bootcamp free? ›
Thinkful cost for a bootcamp ranges from $4,900 to $16,000 for the full-time six-month software engineering bootcamp. At $4,900, the digital marketing bootcamp is the least expensive option. It is also the quickest, as it takes three months of part-time study to complete.Who is the youngest person to make AI? ›
Meet Kautilya Katariya, who took up computer programming and built AI applications when the times got tough.How much money goes to female founders? ›
Those paired with a male founder get 16.5%, PitchBook says. The venture capital ecosystem is far from embracing gender equity.What is aim high summary? ›
Aim High offers a learning experience that prepares students for success in middle school and beyond. We address social-emotional learning and provide a curriculum that helps build student confidence, supports social learning and community-building, and develops leadership skills.Who is the CEO of Aim Higher? ›
ed david - Owner - aim higher inc | LinkedIn.Is a Thinkful certificate worth it? ›
Thinkful provides excellent courses that, despite being incredibly expensive, can be worth it for students willing to put in the work. With the 1-on-1 mentoring, career guidance, and tuition refund guarantee, we believe that Thinkful helps to make education more accessible to those that need it.Does Thinkful get you a job? ›
Yes, Thinkful offers a job guarantee to eligible students. If eligible students don't have a job offer for a qualifying position within 180 days of graduation, they get 100 percent of their tuition back and have any remaining payments canceled.Is paying for a coding bootcamp worth it? ›
According to a study by Stack Overflow, more than 10% of software developers surveyed reported learning to code through bootcamps. So, while they may not be the right option for everyone, coding bootcamps can be an excellent way to learn a coding language and other tech skills.
GPT-3 was released in 2020 and is the largest and most powerful AI model to date. It has 175 billion parameters, which is more than ten times larger than its predecessor, GPT-2.Who is the most advanced AI in the world? ›
GPT-3: The first on our list is GPT-3, which stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 is OpenAI's third generation of generative language models.Can AI create a fake person? ›
Powered by artificial intelligence and deep machine learning, Fotor's AI face generator lets you create realistic human faces from scratch in seconds. Just tell Fotor what you want, such as gender, age, and other traits.Do founders pay themselves a salary? ›
Startup founders are not entitled to a salary; however, CEOs are. In other words, although founders do not deserve salaries, whoever is on your startup's payroll should be paid. So, if a founder or cofounder works as their startup's CEO, COO, CTO, CMO, or in any other role, they deserve remuneration for their services.What is a good founder salary? ›
|Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
Many early-stage startup founders don't pay themselves anything at all. Since every dollar taken out of the business is one less dollar to use to build and grow the business, most startup founders do not start taking any salary until they raise a seed round of funding. Before this, most are working for equity.What are the four types of aim? ›
There are different aims of education like social aim, vocational aim, cultural aim, moral aim, spiritual aim, intellectual aim, etc.How old is aim high? ›
Aim High celebrates 30 summers, 15 campuses and the 9,000 students served since its founding in 1986.What does the acronym AIM high stand for? ›
AIM High Overview
The AIM acronym stands for ADVOCACY, INSPIRATION and MENTORSHIP, and by pairing groups of teens with different leaders and advocates in our community each week, we encourage meaningful dialogues and thought-provoking conversations in order to inspire these types of mentoring relationships.
AIM is a nationally recognized technology consulting company. We build high-performance teams and deliver on business-critical initiatives with modern technologies and processes. AIM's differentiation is our collaborative engagement model that provides cross-functional results.
The business aim is the general and long-term goal of an organization, the central core purpose of its business activity. The corporate aim states the overall purpose and direction of the business – what the business is trying to achieve in the far-away future.Who are the CEOS of AIM Global? ›
EMMANUEL AKPAKWU - CEO - AIM GLOBAL | LinkedIn.What is AI bootcamp? ›
The AI Bootcamp is a 6-month training program that covers the fundamentals of AI and machine learning. Its primary objective is to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to implement AI and ML concepts in practical applications.What is boot camp like for girls? ›
For women, the BCT experience is almost identical to that of men, with only a few differences. For the most part, BCT for women is not about having a different, gender-specific experience so much as sharing the human experience of being torn down and built back up into a soldier.What is AI readiness bootcamp? ›
• Help students understand Artificial Intelligence and related concepts. • Take them through experiential learning with the help of extensive hands-on. learning sessions. • Provide mentorship support to students and empower them to become the.What is Novelai trained on? ›
Model Details Our model is based on the original Stable Diffusion model, which was trained on about two billion images from the LAION dataset (~150TB).Is it worth doing an AI course? ›
Pros of Master's in AI Degrees
An AI graduate degree proves to employers that you are trained and qualified to work in this evolving field. You will develop the skills needed to work in your field of interest, whether it is AI, machine learning, data science, or something else.
The Short Answer is Yes – coding bootcamp alumni earn ~51% higher salaries compared to their previous jobs! On average, graduates earn $80,943 at their 2nd job after bootcamp, and $99,229 at their 3rd job.How long does it take to learn basic AI? ›
How Long Does It Take To Learn AI? Although learning artificial intelligence is almost a never-ending process, it takes about five to six months to understand foundational concepts, such as data science, Artificial Neural Networks, TensorFlow frameworks, and NLP applications.Do you shower in boot camp? ›
In basic training, you take group showers. There's no way out of communal showers. They're required. Everyone in your barracks will enter the shower room assigned to your barracks when commanded.
Many will graduate boot camp as an E-2, but while training as a recruit, everyone is paid the same. In 2022, Marine Corps Boot Camp pay is $1,695 per month or an annual salary of $20,340. The Marine Corps pays via direct deposit on the 1st and 15th of each month unless that day falls on a weekend or a holiday.Do you sleep at boot camp? ›
Sleeping arrangements during Basic Training may differ depending on where you're at. Generally, you'll either bunk in a bay containing about 40 people or in a small room with three to six others. You can expect to get between seven and eight hours of sleep.How long is AI training? ›
The average machine learning curriculum runs around six months, although it can take years to master multiple requirements for a specific role. Not everyone has the same ML career path, so consider your own experience and skill set.How long does training an AI model take? ›
It could take hours, weeks, and even longer. The answer really comes down to factors such as hardware, optimisation, number of layers in the neural network, size of your dataset, and more. To get a better idea of this, let's examine how AI training works and what it requires.How to train AI for free? ›
- Intro to Artificial Intelligence– Udacity.
- AI Fundamentals– Udacity.
- Intro to Game AI and Reinforcement Learning– Kaggle.
- Artificial Intelligence for Robotics– Udacity.
- Introduction to TensorFlow for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning– Coursera.
Is AI easy to learn? Learning AI is difficult for many students, especially those who do not have a computer science or programming background. However, it may be well worth the effort required to learn it. The demand for AI professionals will likely increase as more companies start designing products that use AI.Is there anything better than NovelAI? ›
- Canva. Canva. Design anything. ...
- Jasper. Jasper. Artificial intelligence makes it fast & easy to create content for your blog, social media, website, and more! ...
- Character.AI. Character.AI. ...
- AI Dungeon. Latitude Games. ...
- Holo AI. Holo AI. ...
- InferKit. InferKit. ...
- DeepStory. DeepStory. ...
- Stable Diffusion. Stability AI.
- Understand the Prerequisites.
- Ace AI Theory.
- Master Data Processing.
- Work on AI Projects.
- Learn and Work With AI Tools.
- Opt for AI Courses.
- Apply for an Internship.
- Get a Job.